Happy Friday! Today I'm linking up with the lovely ladies for the Friday Five 2.0! Today's topic is beverages... but since I shared about my hydration plan with you on Tuesday, I am going a little off topic today. This post was originally going to be my goals for the Brazos Bend 25k, but yesterday I jumped at the opportunity to run the Vintage Park half marathon with a comped entry... so, I'm combing my goals into some racing weekend goals. The weather is going to be gorgeous... low humidity and spring like temps! Next week I may be wondering what I was thinking.
Racing Weekend Goals
- Have fun!! This is the most important goal... I mean seriously, why do it if it isn't fun?
- Run smart... listen to my body... don't be afraid to take walking water breaks and slow it down if necessary. 28+ miles is a lot over 2 days.
- Don't get eaten by an alligator. There are a ton of gators at the park... someone ran the 10k course yesterday and counted 14 gators. I need to pay attention and be sure not to fall!
- Meet up with my fellow Amstel XLight ambassadors. My entry was comped due to my relationship with Amstel XLight (the race sponsor).
- Recover well ... foam roll, refuel, etc.
What kind of goals do you make for a race? Would you pass up a comped entry into a race in your area?
I'm linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup!