Happy Friday! Today I'm linking up with the lovely ladies for the Friday Five 2.0! Our topic for this week is pampering. I'm sharing with you the 5 ways I pamper myself.
I'm a big proponent in pampering. Working, taking care of a family, and being physically active can be taxing. To me, pampering is a way of taking care of yourself... as you know, you can't pour from an empty cup.
5 Ways I Pamper Myself
- Meditate ... when I started meditating, it was something that I looked at as a box to check off. Nowadays, I look forward to quieting my mind and the little bit of peace I get before my day begins.
- Pedicure ... let's face it, runners don't have the loveliest feet. While I do run a pumice stone over my feet now and then, it is so relaxing to soak in the pedispa and have someone else make them pretty.
- Massage ... getting a massage does wonders for all the tense muscles I develop while working in front of a computer all day! It's also said to help with headaches and anxiety.
- Facial ... I try to get in for a facial at least every 2 months. I'm fortunate to live close to an Aveda Institute and can get a very reasonable facial through them. It is so relaxing and my skin feels so soft afterwards
- Curling up with a book and a cup of tea ... I love to read and I love a good cup of tea, combining the two seems to melt stress away.
What you do to pamper yourself?
I'm linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup!