At the beginning of the year, I set some goals to work on throughout the year.
- Run my first marathon - Complete - check out the recap here.
- Run 1,200 miles this year - making progress. I am up to 314 miles for 2017.
- Try out trail running- Complete - ran a trail half marathon in March - check out the recap here, and ran a 25k trail race in April - recap here.
- Half Marathon PR - sub 2:02:38 - more on this later.
- Continue to make it to yoga - at least 1x/week - D, only made it 2x this month
- Arm workout 2x/week - A - got them in 8x this month.
- Start walking dogs on evenings I don't run - F, totally forgot about this
- Clean up eating... no more candy from the office candy jar - A-, indulged on 2 occasions.
- Kitchen deep clean - F, procrastinated on this one... did manage to get the oven totally clean.
Although I did not set any goals for April Running, I would give it a solid A. I had a total of 91 miles for the month, and had some good runs with my dogs. I ran a half marathon and a 25k trail race this month. I also took a week off running to let my body recoup.
- 30 burpees for 15 days challenge
- Focus on recovery - foam rolling and stretching
- Keep up fitness routine while on vacation
What goals do you have for 2017? Do you make monthly goals?
I'm linking up with Cowgirl Runs and Carmy for the Monthly Goals link-up and MCM Mama Runs, Marcia’s Healthy Slice, and My no-guilt life for Tuesdays on the Run.