Happy Friday!!! Today I'm linking up with Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What for the Friday Five link up.
This weekend I will be running in the Run Like A Diva half marathon in Galveston, TX. This will be my 4th half marathon total, my 2nd since my 14 year running hiatus. I have come up with 5 goals for the upcoming race.
- Be confident ... trust in your training ... be positive ... lose the nerves.
- Start out slow ... aka don't kill yourself at the beginning ... aka race your own pace. This one is huge, too many times I've crashed and burned at a race by getting caught up in the excitement and going out way to fast at the start. I need to start out slow... reverse splits are my friend.
- Time goals ... my basic goal is to finish better than my last half 2:22:13... with that in mind I have an A, B, and C goal. C goal - 2:21; B goal - 2:19, A goal - 2:17.
- Have fun ... enjoy the day ... get caught up in race day excitement and the frivolity of the event ... don't miss the tiara and boa station!
- Execute on fueling and hydration strategy used during training runs.