Happy Friday!!! Today I'm linking up with Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What for the Friday Five link up. Today we are talking about food! Since I'm visiting back home in northeast Kansas, I thought I'd share the 5 meals/restaurants that I will be eating (at) while I am here.
- Free State Brewery, Lawrence, KS - I love this place and cannot miss eating here every time that I visit. I have fond memories of this place. One of my favorite professors would hold his office hours here on the porch... people showed up!
- The Burger Stand at the Casbah, Lawrence, KS - This is a new one. My sister wanted to eat there on her birthday, but it was closed so it is going on the list for one of our "adult" days while the kiddos are in school. With 4 different veggie burgers, I don't think I will have any issues finding something to eat!
- Yellow Sub, Lawrence, KS - Yellow Sub was my go to meal in college... back then my sandwich was the 4 cheese, now I love the tofu veggie. They now have franchises in all parts of the country called Planet Sub, but it just isn't the same as eating at the only original Yellow Sub that still stands in Larry-ville.
- Fresh purple asparagus from Pendleton's Country Market, Eudora, KS - There is nothing better than freshly picked vegetables, and asparagus is no different. Pendleton's has a large asparagus farm... they grow the regular green and purple too. I like both, but the purple has a little different taste to it. It is so good, I eat it right out of the bag raw. I usually have to plan my trip to Pendleton's the day before I go back home, so I can take some with me on the plane (the hubs is a big fan too).
- Momma's homemade strawberry shortcake, Linwood, KS - My mom uses some sort of biscuit type of shortbread and it must have 5 layers... she serves it in a pretty good sized bowl too! However, this one might be a long shot... but I made it clear to both my mom and my sister that my treat meal after my half marathon would indeed be mom's strawberry shortcake with my sister's homemade ice cream. I can't say that either of them sounded really excited about making it.