Happy Friday! I'm joining in with the Friday 5 fun today, where the topic is favorite races. I'm sharing with you my 5 favorite races that I've ran... a few I've ran mul
5 Favorite Races
- Chevron Houston Marathon. The Houston Marathon was my first marathon. It really is a blast and it runs through some really great parts of Houston. Course support is stellar and there are tons of people cheering you on along the course. I had so much fun, I signed up to run it again. You can read my recap about it here.
- Running With The Cows. I have ran this half marathon the past two years, in fact I had so much fun in 2016 I planned my trip back home around this race. The course is not easy, but the friendly volunteers and fresh country air make up for it, plus the HUGE buffet at the finish line. Check out my 2016 recap and my 2017 recap.
- Brazos Bend 50. This is a great trail run... perfect for beginners as it is flat and the trails are wide. There are a variety of distances to run - 50 mile, 50k, 25k, 10k, and 5k. The aid stations are amazing, and the race just had such a fun atmosphere. I've recapped my experience at this race here.
- Trolley Run. I haven't ran this race since I moved from Kansas City... but it was my favorite race to run each year. It's a point to point 4 mile race (net downhill) through some really beautiful neighborhoods. It's really well organized and Kansas City really comes out to cheer on the runners.
- Jail Break Run. This is a really fun and well organized half marathon for a great cause (there is also a 5k option). My favorite part of the race is the run up the Fred Hartman bridge for the breathtaking view of the Houston Ship Channel. I had a blast in 2016 and also in 2017.
What race is your favorite? Have you ever had so much fun at a race that you ran it multiple times?
I'm linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup!