Happy Friday! It's been a long cold week here in H-town. The city pretty much shut down for 2 days for a winter weather event. We made it through the sub-zero temperatures with one broken pipe (thankfully a minor fix).
I'm sharing a look at my 2018 racing schedule today. Just last month I was lamenting about the sparseness of my racing schedule. Holly over at Hoho Runs suggested that it would likely fill out after the Houston Marathon. She was right! After I got that little piece of business finished, I went to town scheduling in some races. I had a little time with my thoughts, plus the Trail Racing Over Texas sign-up-a-thon didn't hurt either. My year isn't fully planned... but I've got some fun stuff planned.
A Look At My 2018 Racing Schedule
- January 27 - Running The Rose. This is a trail race at Tyler State Park. I had actually signed up for it last fall. I'm running the 11 mile distance, then volunteering afterwards. It should be a ton of fun... plus free tacos!
- February 18 - Galveston Half Marathon. I ran this last year... and had so much fun I wanted to do it again. The course runs along the seawall for a lot of it and along the road to East Beach. I couldn't pass up a chance to run in Galveston.
- April 7 - Brazos Bend 50k. Yep... 50k, I've signed up for my next big scary goal! I ran the 25k at this event last year, and had an amazing time. This is at Brazos State Park... home of a bunch of alligators!
- May 5 - Wildflower Trail Race. I've signed up for the 10k... considering doing the half marathon the following day. I'll need to think on that a bit. This one is at Bastrop State Park outside of Austin. I'm hoping to do a little camping there too.
- October 13 - Orion Ultra. I've signed up for the half marathon. This one is on the beach in Surfside, TX. I really wanted to do it last year, but the timing with Chicago Marathon didn't work out.
I've got a few other races that I'm looking at, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have a lot of trail races on my schedule, hoping to get a few more road races on there just to balance it out.
How is your race calendar shaping up for 2018? Do you prefer road or trail?
I'm linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup!