I was provided a complimentary EatSmart Digital Body Fat Bathroom Scale for the purposes of this review, but all opinions are my own.
I have a confession to make... several years ago, I measured my worth by the number on my bathroom scale. If that number was more than what I thought it should be, I would declare the day a "fat day".
I'm not as neurotic when it comes to the scale any more.... and I'm learning not to be gentler with my body (it can do hard things after all).
I still weigh myself, but just to make sure I'm not going too far too fast with gaining or loosing the LBS. Over the summer I also started weighing myself before and after my long runs to see how much fluid I had lost.
When Eat Smart offered me a scale to try out, I was pretty excited... especially since it was the Precision GetFit scale. This scale measures more than just body weight.
Eat Smart Precision Get Fit Features:
- Large surface area (12.5″ x 12.5″).
- Automatically identifies which of the 8 user profiles is weighing in.
- Measures weight, % body fat, % total body water, % muscle mass and bone mass.
- "Step On" technology ... no tapping and waiting for the scale to be ready.
- Black and very sleek
- Large, easy to read LCD display.
Setup is super easy, it only requires a calibration if you relocate the scale.To set up user profiles is a breeze. A SET button and left right arrow buttons are provided to set a user’s profile of age, gender, and height, and “body type setting” (used for the highly athletic).
I've used this scale since July, and these are my final thoughts:
- Easy to set up and store user profiles
- LCD display is large and easy to read
- Measures more than body weight to get a better idea of overall body fitness.
- Doesn't connect to wifi/bluetooth or have a tracking app (not a big deal to me, but some may want this).
Overall this is a great scale that doesn't take a rocket scientist degree to set up.