Welcome 2018... it's time to reflect on 2017 and set some new goals for the coming year. As I was reflecting on last year, I just felt that I was just getting by in life. While I did pretty good at accomplishing my running goals, it felt as if some of them were arbitrary. In 2018, I would like to feel less frazzled and more in control. For 2018 I've moving away from creating specific goals and using a word to guide my actions.
The word I've chosen this year is Thrive. I want to do well, to prosper, to flourish in 2018!
2018 Goals - My Year of Thrive
With my word in mind... I think I can really set my sights on what is important in some the areas of my life:
- Running - In years past I've made mileage goals... which really just seems so arbitrary. I think using my word to guide my running will help me to listen to my body, have a great year of running and keep me injury free.
- Nutrition - I really want to eat healthy and make smart nutritional choices, as well as give up dairy. Asking myself "will this food make me thrive" should put things in perspective.
- Relationships - I really want to keep in touch better with my long distance friends and make those relationships thrive!
- Household - Getting organized so that I'm not always looking for something or late on a deadline.
- Work - Ending the procrastination game will definately help me flourish at work!
Do you make New Year Resolutions, or select a focus word for the year?
I'm linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for Friday Five 2.0.