Happy Friday! This weekend Is the Chevron Houston Marathon. I'm sharing my goals for Houston Marathon Weekend. Truthfully, I'm not really nervous about the race... I'm more nervous about the weather! We're in the midst of a cold snap in Houston. The temp at the start is going to be hovering aroud the mid-30s - cold for Houston standards. I did my 20 miler in similar conditions and never warmed up, but at least I know what to expect. I'm excited about the Expo! Meb will be there again, Carl Lewis will be speaking as will Calum Neff.
Like usual, I've come up with some goals for the race, but this time I'm extending it to race weekend as I'm participating in the ABB 5k on Saturday too.
Goals for Houston Marathon Weekend
- Take it easy at the 5k, very easy.
- Resist temptation to wear all the clothes, and choose wisely race day outfit.
- Start out slow and relaxed. I seem to start out faster than I think and end up slowing way down in the second half.
- PR ... I just want to run faster than my last marathon which was 5:19:33
- Have fun!! Why do it if it isn't fun?
Do you make goals for races other than time goals?
I'm linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0 linkup!